Friday 29 October 2010

Autumn Cloth I

I love this time of year; the soft light, the remnants of summer turning into warm autumn hues.  My garden is full of windfall....leaves, oak galls, sticks, berries, herbs.....so I decided to try & capture a little of autumn in a cloth......
This was a large piece of silk - I don't normally 'do' large pieces so I found this hard to roll but got there in the end even if it does look like a large slug!


I tried to steam the bundle first but I don't have a steamer basket large enough so I boiled it & then left it steeping in the pot for a couple of days.  The results are ok, the prints are not as clear as with other samples I've done but it does have a delicate imprint of the materials....hard to show on a photograph as always....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...