Wednesday 22 February 2012

This week's love.....

This week's love is the exquisite work of artist Huguette Caland. 

Silent Memories by Huguette Caland


Influenced by textiles, Caland produces intricate drawings using paint and marker pens building up layers of colour and pattern. This little video of her preparing for a large exhibition in 2009 is a gem & I love that even well established, successful artists  still have doubts about their work; Caland declares 'I feel like demolishing everything!'  I think we all feel that at times!


Isn't is wonderful that her house is filled with not only her own art but that of all her friends?  You just know that her life has been filled with love and joy.  I'm going to make a point in 2012 to buy a few pieces made by my lovely art friends.  You can see more of Caland's work on her website http://huguettecaland.tumblr.com/ 

I for one will be rushing out to buy some marker pens!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What lovely work, have saved the website to have a proper look :)

JacquiC said...

Isn't it just Chloe! Would love to see them close up, I'll have to do some research as to which galleries have her work.

steph said...

Thanks for posting this Jacqui, an inspiring film in many different ways.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...