Sunday 16 June 2013

On the sewing machine this week....

 
 
Redmond Arts Commission have invited me to be their featured artist at this year's celebratory Derby Days in July - I'm thrilled, it's the biggest event run by the City & a huge opportunity for me.  I've designed a community arts activity which still draws upon the general 'mapping' theme I'm using this year, this time I'm asking participants to put themselves on the trail which runs alongside the Sammamish River.  I've painted two background canvases & will stitch a basic outline of the trail - trees, river, bridges etc - participants will draw themselves on a separate piece of cloth, pin to the canvas & after the event I'll stitch everything together.  With a little bit of my magic, a whole heap of the public's creativity & a dash of fairy dust we'll have a wonderful piece of community art to display!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...